Sunday, March 2, 2008

Job Well Done For The National Vertical Marathon 2008


Registration counter for National Vertical Marathon - Republic Plaza

Woke up 4.40 am to prepare myself for the National Vertical Marathon held at Republic Plaza. (Paid $20 registration fee and participate under Men Open) As usual, while alighting at one of Orchard's bus stop to catch the MRT, caught hold of many sights of drunkard people either roaming or sleeping along the quiet streets in town..Hmm, this reminds me of organizing another drinking session with my friends soon. Anyway, I quickly got into the train and reached Raffles MRT station at about 6.15 am. Went straight to the registration counter to collect my tag and did some warming up before the race started.


My tag number

Everyone was moving at a fast pace till the 15th floor. This was when fatigue came in. I started from hoping two steps to 1 step at a time. Refreshments were available on every alternate levels. Some of the urshers cheered each an every individual participants and it helped a lot especially if there were like 35 stories left before reaching the top.

I heaved a sigh of relief after reaching the 60th floor, which was the top of the plaza. Drank some water before taking the lift back to the first floor. Moments later, I went over to one of the counters to collect my goodie bag. That's not all, the organizer has also came up with games, free photo booth and free gifts to attract participants to join in.

I enjoyed myself not only able to complete the 1380 steps but also on how well the staff have organized this event. Everything was in order from registering to the finishing point. Urshers and staffs were available at all locations. It was a great job done!

Unfortunately, this might be the first and last time participating in vertical marathon as this sport does put on certain pressure and strain to my knee cap...Sigh..


Assemble at Raffles MRT Station

For more info about National Vertical Marathon
http://www.ntusportsclub.com/nvm2008/webpages/home.html

No comments: